So last night was our 80's party at the church. It was really fun and we had a lot of laughs. But this post isn't about the party. Nope. This post is about what happened leading UP TO the party. I had been telling the boys ALL DAY that we had a party at the church in just a few hours. Please clean up the living room. I will fold all the laundry and take care of all the food and wash all the dishes but PLEASE CLEAN UP YOUR TOYS in the living room.
Couldn't be done.
So Grandma Jeana calls us up on skype. I have to be in here so they don't turn off the computer or change the language to ancient egyptian. So Andrew comes in and Grandma tells him he needs to help mom clean up and take care of his toys (totally didn't sink in, but I apprciated the effort.) Myles and Jack come in with the same results. WHILE we are talking to Grandma about keeping the living room clean Jack tells us AJ is playing in the cool whip. SILLY me I think, "What cool whip? I don't have any cool whip," instead of getting up and rushing in there. So about one more minute goes by and then I finally process: if they're telling me AJ's into stuff, he probably is! D'oh!
I rushed in the living room and yup! There is AJ COVERED in cool whip (sorry, I wasn't in the mood to take pics.) and the stool I put together YESTERDAY is also covered in cool whip. And the walls, the floor, some clean laundry on my bed, my beside table, and some cups that were, oddly enough, scattered around an otherwise cool whip free kitchen. I picked him up to show Grandma-- which would have been hilarious if I hadn't had to then clean everything up. And get ready for a party. Which when I finally got AJ and me out of the shower and told the boys to get ready they replied, "What party?" ARGHHH!!
Good news is when we got home from the party it only took me about an hour after they went to bed to get the living room floor uncovered and clean enough for Sunday. :) The boys were then amazed and thought cleaning fairies came while they were sleeping.
No comments:
Post a Comment