Andrew was watching cartoons with his brothers while I made dinner today. They were watching one about kids in a contest helping a bear find his Mommy because he was sad. When I called them into dinner he was fine, but as soon as we all sat down ready for prayer he just started balling. He said, "I don't like that part where the bear missed his Mommy!" Then he got embaressed that he was crying and said, "I just need to snap out of it." And that made me almost start crying. I don't think I tell him to do that. Do I? I tell him he needs to simmer down when they bounce off the walls. I tell them they need to 'just stop' throwing fits and talk to me. But I hope I don't tell him to 'snap out' of his emotions. Ack! The problems with being a parent. He could just be made because he wanted to watch a cartoon out of the "Girl Power!" selection on Netflix and he was voted down. They actually really wanted to watch Gumby. Until it started. FREAKY! Seriously I think it would do mental damage to kids brains if they watched the whole thing.
We did have some fun today. I ordered new toy boxes and a kids stool the day Greg left in a bid to 'loose myself in shopping.' (It didn't work, but I did blow my budget. D'oh!) Anyway the stool and the toy box came today. I decided to put them together. How hard can it be? Well, just to tell you I hate vague instructions and drilling my own screw holes. Yikes. I was so worn out by the time I finished I didn't even put any toys in the toy box. And I think I have a blister on my thumb. I would have totally pushed this project off on Greg had he been around. I guess that adds to my life experience and I can be happy I accomplished it, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment