Friday, December 5

HE'S HERE!!

Dec 3-
I woke up at 2:30 am with minor pains. Just uncomfortable enough to wake me up. I rolled over and tried to go back to sleep. 3:10 I actually had a contraction strong enough to be in the 'real' category. I had another around 20 min. later. When I sat up to decide whether I wanted to go to the couch and wait for them to get closer together, Greg woke up. He decided to wait with me and time them. The next was 10 minutes later. Then suddenly they were every three minutes. We decided to go to the hospital. We got Grandma up and all ready by 4:10ish. By the time we went out to the truck they were coming every two minutes and I was really hurting. It was a bumpy ride to the hospital -- with the typical Dad-to-be type driving. In fact we went around one turn and slid around a bit before recovering. Don't worry, we made it to the hospital. We got all settled in and she checked me at 5 am, I was 5 centimeters. The contractions were super hard and I could tell she was worried the doctor wouldn't make it in time. She even told us that she could deliver, she just rather the doctor did it since that what he gets paid for. The doctor made it there by 6 am, which is good since I was 9 and almost ready to push. By the end I was ready to kick anyone who touched me, except Greg. I didn't have enough energy for it though. I started pushing around 6:10 and Alexander James was born at 6:30. He's 7lbs 12 oz, 20 1/2 in long.

We decided that Jack and AJ look a whole lot alike. Here are Jack and AJ's pictures so you can compare.
Alexander James
Jack

6 comments:

Christina said...

Yay!!! Sophia, congratulations! You did a good job, he's so cute! You pretty much a pro at this now, aren't you?

Taylor said...

We miss you guys! Give him a squeeze for me.

Taylor said...

Sherrie not Taylor

Sorry! I hate that he is always logged in

Unknown said...

He does look a ton like Jack, that is crazy!! It is going to look like you have quads when he gets bigger because all your boys look so similar :) You'll never get through the grocery store lol

Janice said...

Congrats on such an adorable baby.

Kathy said...

Congrats! He is a doll!!