Saturday, September 20

Sea Monster? Nope, just our car...

This is us driving along the road that leads to our house 2 days after Ike. The water was probably a foot deep, but full of seaweed. If I could bend over I'd take a picture of the underside of our van so you could see all the seaweed still hanging off it. YUCK!

Well, needless to say, this wasn't the best thing to do for our poor van. It has been making a funny squealing noise ever since. We took it to a car wash and sprayed the engine down, but that didn't help with the seaweed problem or the squealing. Hopefully our van won't be overtaken by the seaweed and become a monster, (which is what Jack thinks will happen) or break down, (which is what I worry will happen.)

We've found another way around this road, since it's apparently still underwater. Hurricane Dolly only took 1 week for the water go and 3 for the clean-up crew. We're still waiting for this round....
Posted by Picasa

No comments: