We finally got out our fishing poles Grandma and Grandpa Wilson gave us. It took me 10 minutes to get the fishing line untangled and the 'hooks' put on all three lines. Then it took another 10 minutes to make sure all the boys had sunscreen, sun glasses and 'fishing' hats on. We were all prepared. Then out we tromped to the canal in the back yard. We actually saw two fish jump out of the water while we were on our way down! I let them carry their own poles (mistake!) By the time we came to the water Jack had his line hopelessly tangled. I worked on figuring out what to do with it until I heard a PLUNK! There goes Myles fishing pole into the water. I took Andrew's away promptly before he followed suit. While trying to decide whether I should go down in the water to retrieve it Myles pulls off his hat and SPLUNK! in it goes too. Followed by his sunglasses. All this took about 1.5 minutes. Thanks dude! I finally decided to just take all the boys inside since the drop to the water was about 3 feet and I wasn't sure I could haul myself back up once I got in. And once I got in the boys would probably feel they could too. So I sent Greg out to do the dirty work.
Poor Greg, always having to do the gross jobs!
By the time he got in there, which was a few hours later since he was on a flight when we first went out, the hat was no where to be found. I'll have to check again when we have low tide. :(
We decided that we need to make lanyard that attaches the fishing pole and accesories to the waist of the one holding it. Then they would throw themselves in with the pole. Which, I think they would enjoy trying to do. But at least I'd be able to save the fishing poles.
2 comments:
HA HA Your blog makes me laugh! It also makes me tired.
That's hilarious! Great story.
Post a Comment