I really can't find humor in it yet, but can see how others may. Here was my day yesterday:
We woke up to the realization that although I thought I had another box of diapers we couldn't find them and only had two left. Those went on the boys first thing in the morning. After getting them dressed and fed I went all around the house and garage searching for the box of diapers I was SURE we had. I didn't find anything. Around about noon I gave up and decided that we had better just go to the store and get more. I spent another half hour searching for my keys, only to find them in the locked van. So no going to get more. I went in to find my cell phone and found Andrew's diaper hanging to his knees. It was a bad one so I put him in the tub. Myles decided that he would fill his diaper too so he could get in. I put them in the tub and pulled out my phone. First I called Greg and told him to pick up diapers on his way home. Then I put the phone in my back pocket to pull the boys out of the tub because they were dumping copious amounts of water on the bathroom floor. Once they were safely out of the bathroom, I pulled out my phone and it was all dark. I thought perhaps it hadn't charged last night and was out of battery. I plugged it in and fiddled around with the keys and listened to the noises it was making and realized that, no, it wasn't a charging issue it was the phone itself. It had turned the screen off so I can no longer see what was going on. AND it only lets me call out and recieve calls based on how it feels. I recieved one of Greg's four calls back to me to tell me that the commisary was out of diapers so he actually couldn't pick up any on his way home, since he was in uniform.
I did have one swim diaper left from last summer and Andrew spent the next 5 hours in it. Myles wore two cloth diapers held together with clips. They were both leaking at 3, and still had two more hours to go before Greg came home then went out again to save me with diapers and pizza.
I figure today HAS to be a good day, even if it's normal that's awesome! And I have a new love for diapers.
3 comments:
WOW!!! I admire your positive character; all I can say is phew, "WHAT A DAY!!"
You should have called me! I know thats hard because your phone was acting up, but still.
Wow. That is amazing, hilarious and sad.
Post a Comment