This happened awhile ago, but I recently remembered it and wanted to share. :) What reminded me was loosing my wallet. I misplaced my wallet on Friday. I found this out after shopping at Walmart for an hour and 1/2. I got to the check out line and "poof" no wallet. When this happens you think all sorts of terrible things happened. Like someone took it. Or you left it at a store three days ago and they can't reach you because you only have a cell phone. Or some little sweet person dropped it out the window while you were driving on the highway. All possible scenarios. Thankfully I had my mom with me to keep me kinda sorta sane, but she didn't have her wallet with her either. So we put all the carefully chosen items on hold to rush home and see if maybe I left it lying around somewhere in plain sight. This is totally probable, and thankfully wouldn't be hard to spot since said mother was visiting and cleaned my house. (Mothers are angels.) I rushed in and could see it NO WHERE! Then I start looking in the less likely places. Under the couch. In the fridge. (Yes. I've done it before.) I still could not find it anywhere. Now to the point of the story. I know you all thought it didn't have one, but it does... I think. This is how my life always seems to go. I'm travelling along without much effort, trying to do the things I'm supposed to but I don't worry too much when I slip up and fall asleep reading my first verse of scripture because I put it off until the very last second. Or when I wake up in the morning and realize I didn't say last night's prayers and probably won't get to this mornings either. BUT when something like this happens-- namely loosing the wallet, remember that story from above?-- and you realize what a pickle your in if you can't find any id or money to speak of, you realize the One you can go to and ask for help is the One you have been putting on the fringe of your life lately? And you suddenly drop to your knees and BEG and PLEAD with Heavenly Father to help you find said item? (Usually it's keys for me, but I've been known to loose all sorts of things. i.e. wallet.) And you realize you should have been inviting the spirit in a lot more often than you have and you almost don't feel worthy to be helped now, but as you end your prayer and the thought comes-- have you tried here? And you race off to look. I find it's really hard to have the faith that I'm doing all I can to BE helped when I realize I haven't given Him all the time and effort that I need to? I always think of Alma 32 when this happens. Most specifically :
13And now, because ye are compelled to be humble blessed are ye; for a man sometimes, if he is compelled to be humble, seeketha; and now surely, whosoever repenteth shall find mercy; and he that findeth mercy and b to the end the same shall be saved.
14And now, as I said unto you, that because ye were compelled to be a ye were blessed, do ye not suppose that they are more blessed who truly humble themselves because of the word?
15Yea, he that truly humbleth himself, and repenteth of his sins, and endureth to the end, the same shall be blessed...
Ok, this is taking WAY longer than I would like. But to finish my story to get to the main part of what I wanted to record: After looking everywhere I could possibly imagine and turning to the Lord in humble prayer I went out to my armada to look YET AGAIN. And I thought, "I should check the truck." and I dismissed it because I NEVER drive the truck. It's Greg's truck. But then I had the same thought again (Yup! Thankfully the Holy Ghost didn't give up on me) and when I opened the truck BOOM! I remembered setting it down in there so I could go get propane. YIPPEE!
ANYWAY, the reason for this story was it reminded me that about 6 months ago I lost the keys to my van. We looked everywhere and I was especially cranky about it because we were late to leave for somewhere really important (I don't remember now where that really important place/ event was,) and Myles said, "Don't worry I said a prayer that we'll find them." and BOOM! There they were. Kids and their faith is amazing. I need to have faith like unto a little child, but I don't. I guess I'll have to keep working on it.
1 comment:
By the way I posted this comment at 1 am, so if it's chalk full of errors blame the late night. But I had to find SOME time to write. :)
Post a Comment