Thursday, August 7

The Iron

I'm probably the only person that irons clothes to pack them up for a trip, but I do. For a couple of reasons. 1. Because sometimes, even though they've been packed in a tiny space for a number of hours/days/months I still hope that people see that I TRIED to look presentable. And b. I'm so bad at ironing, that I often iron in wrinkles that are MUCH worse than the orignial ones. But while traveling most people just assume you packed it odd and didn't have access to an iron. Free practice.
But the reason for this post is that after ironing some clothes for our trip tomorrow (or should I say tonight, since we leave at 2 o'clock in the morning?) I left the iron out. It was unplugged of course. And after the last issue with the iron we had, I really didn't think the boys would touch it. But of course this is the one time they figure out how to plug it in on the first try. Then wait for it to get hot. Then get it down. Here's the picture of Myles with his hurt hand. I don't think it's very bad. It was just barely red when he started crying and I found what they did.

2 comments:

Cassie said...

Aw, poor guy! I hope it heals fast, there is nothing worse than a burn on a part of your body you are using constantly. Ok, maybe I could come up with worse things...but for a little guy that is just awful. Hopefully they have learned a very valuable lesson.

Enjoy your trip!

Amy Evensen said...

I love your blog! Thanks again for helping me out today! I am looking forward to repaying you soon! Glad you all got back safely from your trip!