Thursday, July 24

Hurricane Dolly

So at first we were told we were going to evacuate. Once the storm turned farther south we decided that we'd just watch the water levels rise from where we are. Here are some pictures from the storm, all taken from our back porch.
1st Day


Usually the water is about a foot below this dock.

And odd moment of calm during the storm.

Day 2

Now the dock is completely covered in water.

I was trying to show how windy it is, but you get the idea.

2 comments:

Cassie said...

I'm glad to see that you guys have power today! I hope there wasn't too much damage around you.

Greg and Sophia said...

Greg watched the weather people out "on location" doing there shots acting like the wind was going to blow them over when the wind was only blowing about 30 mph-- about what it is most of the time. We've seen a few dead palm leaves blown about, but I don't think there's going to be much damage.