Monday, May 5

Scriptures



Last night while having family scriptures, We were reading Mark ch. 3. Greg reads the first half chapter then I read the second and if Jack wants to I help him read a verse or two. We finished reading and Jack wanted to read "All by myself." So we let him, even though he was holding a Book of Mormon and can't read yet. But, looking intently at his book, he started, "I was hungry and you gave me food. I was thirsty and you gave me water. I was a stranger and you let me in. I was naked..." I don't think he knew what went with that one. Then he continued, "I was hungry and you didn't give me food. I was thirsty and you gave me no water. I was a stranger and you didn't let me in." We asked him if he learned that in Primary, because it had been a few weeks since we read it in Matthew. We just barely had the lesson in Relief Society that day about teaching our children out of the scriptures and it was inspiring to see that something actually had stuck.

No comments: