Thursday, March 6

Things you never thought you'd have to say...

While I knew certain things would eventually come out of my mouth (i.e. "Don't hit", "Be nice", "Eat your vegetables" etc.) Some things I never thought I'd have to say such as, "We don't eat floor food!", "Stop unscrewing all the door hinges", "Electronics don't belong in the sink!" and "Don't hit the fish tank with a hammer!" And yet, I know these things are not the most random sayings a Mom will say or has said. They are just things that you don't think about when you dream of having a small bundle of joy or even 3 bigger bundles as it now stands.
I don't know if such sayings are different if you have girls, but I assume they are. That doesn't mean they are any less random or meaningful, just different. Perhaps girls don't need to be told to stop shooting their brother with their play nail gun, but perhaps (if they have older brothers espcially) they do. Kids will be kids as we all know.

No comments: