I was realizing how much my perspective has changed since I've been married and especially since I've had kids. I used to sleep alone and was fine with it, now it's really hard to sleep alone. I used to think parenting would be difficult, but I'd somehow know what to do. Now I realize parents mostly have a theory to raise kids, but putting it into practice is an entirely different thing. I used to see clean as in floor swept and counters cleared- everything in it's place. Now I see clean if there is at least one area of the rug not covered in dirty laundry, toys or cracker that was thrown down and stomped on. Not to mention the stains from the spilled food an drink, and spit-up. And I used to view heaven as a place with my family surrounding me and we're talking and laughing. Now I see heaven as a place- still surrounded by family- but they are older and can clean up their own messes and DO!
The point of today's post is this: I don't know what life is going to be like later, but I do know that it will be different than it is now and once again perspectives will change. And I guess that's okay with me.
2 comments:
I completely agree...I was thinking along the same lines today!! I clean...they destroy. I think they are convinced that it is a game :) Miss you guys! The Schwenny's
It's lonely when they get older and cleaner and they think they can do everything themselves. First there is the scary bit when they are about 10-12. then it gets really fun, and when you just can't have any more fun, they all get married and leave and you sleep alone again and you miss and wonder where your little bed warmers went, even the soggy ones. A poem that I read once said something about all our children should visit us from all their previous birthdays. (you would come and see me as a one and as a two and as a three year old... it would be great fun and I could hold you again like I did the day you were born and smell that wonderful brand new baby smell.)
Post a Comment